Winter can be very wet, cold, snowy and gray; but there are so many hot foods and drinks to bring warmth to your day! …and night! One of my most favorite hot/alcoholic drinks is Hot Wine or Mulled Wine. I’ve sipped it under the Eiffel Tower in Paris and at the famous Széchenyi Spa in Budapest and now you can enjoy it in your very own home! It’s the perfect drink for a winter holiday party, windy nights, rainy nights, parties in general, date night or just to enjoy on your own! 😉
Hot WinePrint This
- 1 750 ml Bottle of Your Favorite Apple Cider
- 1 750 ml Bottle of Your Favorite Red Wine (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir)
- 1 Orange (cut up into thin wheels)
- 1-2 Oranges for garnish (depending on how many guests you're having, or if it's solo, or date night)
- 2-12 Cinnamon Sticks (for aesthetics, I like to place a cinnamon stick in every cup)
- 4 Star Anise
- 2-4 Tbsp of Honey (sweeten as you wish)
Take out your favorite saucepan that is able to hold at least 2L.
Put your stove on medium heat at first, once it’s heated up, pour in the ENTIRE bottle of red wine AND apple cider.
Throw in the 2 cinnamon sticks, honey, orange wheels, and star anise.
Bring the pot with everything in it to a boil.
As soon as it starts boiling, turn it down to a simmer and keep it on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
Pour the contents into your favorite mugs, add a dry cinnamon stick and garnish with an orange and/or star anise!
Serve it hot and sip it carefully and blissfully!